Outdoor projections are risky, but also special, and have a special type of reward, and tonight’s was the unknowing participation of apartment residents across from 198 Walnut Avenue, the one floor building housing artists and designers holding the Bellwoods Block Party I was invited to project at. There was nary a complaint, but occupants of the suites belonging to the windows I made part of my “bubbleverse” often looked out onto the party, certainly aware not only from my light, but likely primarily the loud music. Their movements became part of the projection, and this aspect was most novel to me. The windows were like these white rectangles of white light, which occasionally had this kinetic thing going on when people randomly occupied them.
No Instagram images were found.
- @davidcinema I love Jarmusch, but that shot from "Only Lovers" was definitely a nod to "The Hunger", and in that on… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- RT @missannabiller: "Art lies halfway between scientific knowledge and magical or mystical thought." -Claude Levi-Strauss 3 days ago
- @missannabiller You can see why he and the Surrealists were so tight. They were constantly comparing notes, and collecting the same pieces. 3 days ago
- @notcishet from "Extended Play: Sounding Off from John Cage to Dr. Funkenstein" By John Corbett https://t.co/23kqrc1j1a 3 days ago
- @notcishet Sun Ra #spaceistheplace was the original. 3 days ago