InstaColour“I feel I am witnessing the beginnings of new religions, [in which] the symbolism of lights and colours are being discovered and explored... Something is happening and is happening fast - and it has something to do with light, it has everything to do with light - and everybody feels it and is waiting- often, desperately. - Jonas Mekas, 196620 / 20 #SplitPersonality Ongoing for 2020“Texture is the crystallization of [your] choice[s]” - Jacqueline Lamba (+/-) 💡✨The night of the barking dog ...#Pariah 3 / 13 / #1985 #185RichmondSt #185RichmondStW #TwilightLane #TwilightZoneToronto #Toronto #ShadowyMenOnAShadowyPlanet #GidgetGoesToHellFreaky Specimen 🔬#thecolourandtheshape"I want to find my own small plot or pattern of energy that will express the inner me in terms of rhythmic movement and color." - #VivianSpringfordDark #happening // Tee-Be-Tea
- @nycjim I would say “Green Onions” (I caught the only one at my 1st show), but really - “Dark Star”, for sure! ✌🏼✨ 🌚 💫 ⭐️ 2 days ago
- @benjaminboles It’s a long running fad, if it is one 🙂. They’ve been around since the iPod, hence the name. There d… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Never has a comedy made me feel sad, but #PeterBogdanovich 's "They All Laughed" did. It's beautifully shot + carri… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- Sad news re: #TerryJones. Long time fan of #MontyPython - a beloved part of my "upbringing". Thanks. #terryjonesrip 5 days ago
- @BrightMoments “Muppity” - resembling, or having similar characteristics to, a “Muppet”. 6 days ago
Tag Archives: artImage
This one is going up a little late, but a great multi-sensory collab went down at Toronto Art Spin last week, which evolved from that “Sound & Light” residency last Spring at Somewhere There . Guitarist Arnd Jurgensen, whom Michael Kaler had recruited to be part of a few ‘random’ ensembles, was this time in position to do some recruiting, and did just that, putting together an ensemble that included Kaler, saxophonist Paul Newman, and drummer Ambrose Pottie. I held the projection chair, and our spontaneous performance at Fort York was one of several stops on the bike trail for this edition of Art Spin.
“There’s no such thing as improvisation. There’s only composition. Only you do it quickly; you’re composing on the spot.”
The projectors will crackle, Kyle Haight will be doing live painting, and some other guests TBA will be in the house to complete the experience. Join us.